Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Showers

Click for larger view

This tutorial was written by Sharon A on April 1, 2012 & is copyright protected
For more info read my TOU

Supplies Needed
Scrapkit Dotty by Vyabs here

Sqirlz Water Reflections
A free program you can get here

The tube I used Waiting for the Rain is by Unholy Vault Designs, you can purchase this tube from PTE here

The font I used is called Floral Dawn
I used size 48 for the text and 60 for my name after resizing


Open a new transparent canvas 700x700, we will resize later
Select all
Paste paper 2 into selection
Deselect

Paste element 6 as a new layer
Resize to 200%
Add drop shadow

Paste frame 15 as a new layer
Click inside the frame with your magic wand
Expand 3
Add a new raster layer
Paste paper 5 into selection
Move to below your frame layer
Do Not Deselect

Paste your tube as a new layer
Resize as needed
Invert your selection
Delete
Deselect
Move to below your frame layer
Add drop shadow

Add drop shadow to your frame

Paste element 33 as a new layer
Resize to 40%
Add drop shadow
Position on one side of your frame
Duplicate & Mirror

Resize all layers to 70%

Add your text, name & © info


Animation:

Merge all layers
Save as jpg

Open up in your sqirtz program
Click on the rain icon at the top
Change width to 1

Click on the yellow arrow
Click on rain/snow only, then ok

Click on gif
Same as above

The file was huge so I opened it up in animation shop
Select all>Click Animation>Cull Animation
Change the # to 2
You'll have 10 frames

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial

Your comments are very much appreciated either here on this post or on the chat box.  I've made it easy for you to post on this tut by turning off the requirement of having to type in a confirmation code

I would love to post your © compliant result, just emaail it to me with ATT Sharon & the tut name in the subject line

You'll find my email blinkie on your left 

:)


Result by Kaye W





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your language clean, thank you!