Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainy English Day

Click for larger view

This tutorial was written by Sharon A on Apr 19, 2012 & is copyright protected
For more info read my TOU

Supplies Needed
Sqirlz Water Reflections here

Castle, British Flag & Flower I made for this tut here
I put them all on layers and saved as a psp file so you have only 1 download instead of 3
(I didn't make the flower)

Plugins
Eyecandy Texture Weave
Graphics Plus Cross Shadow
Mura Meister Cloud
Xenofex Lightening


The tube I used Steampunk Cat Gal is by Carrie Hawks, you can purchase this tube from CDO here

The name of my font is Fenway Park
I used size 48 & 60



Open new transparent canvas 700x600, we will resize later
Floodfill with blue
Apply eyecandy texture weave
Settings>Plain long thread
On basic>change pattern to satin, ribbon width 10
Apply graphics plus cross shadow using default settings

Apply mura meister cloud
Preset menu>thick clouds
Amount 75
Uncheck the light & bg boxes

Apply xenofex lightening
Click on settings then on high branching flash glow

Paste your castle as a new layer
select all>float>defloat
Add a new raster layer
Floodfill with your blue
Deselect
Change layer properties to overlay
Merge down

Using your magic wand click inside the windows, you'll need to hold down your shift key
Add a new raster layer
Add a new raster layer
Floodfill with your blue
Deselect
Move to below your castle layer

Add drop shadow to your castle

Paste your tube as a new layer
Resize as needed
Add drop shadow
Position on right side of the castle

Paste flag as a new layer
Resize to 70%
Position on the left side
Add drop shadow

Paste flower as a new layer
Resize to 50%
Add drop shadow
Position at the bottom of the flag pole
Duplicate, mirror & flip
Postion near other flowers

Duplicate the original flower layer
Resize to 75%
Position somewhere on your castle
Duplicate a few more times and position in various areas of the castle
Mirror a couple of them

Resize all layers to 75%

Add your text, name & © info

Merge all & save as jpg

Animation:

Open up your sqirltz program & open your tag
Click on the rain icon at the top
I changed the speed to 1.6
Click on the yellow arrow, then on the x at the upper right

Click on the yellow arrow at the top then on rain/snow only

Click on gif and click on rain/snow only
Click ok
Name your tag & save

Open up in animation shop
Select all
Cull your animation 1 frame out of every 2
Repeat the cull
Repeat again if you have 5 or more frames
If you don't cull your file size will be huge

I set my frame properties on 10

View your animation

Save as gif & you're all done!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial

Your comments are very much appreciated either here on this post or on the chat box.  I've made it easy for you to post on this tut by turning off the requirement of having to type in a confirmation code

I would love to post your © compliant result, just email it to me with ATT Sharon & the tut name in the subject line

You'll find my email blinkie on your left

:)



Result by Kaye W





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your language clean, thank you!