Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mermaid in Manhatten

Click for larger view

This tutorial was written by Sharon A on March 20, 2012
For more info read my TOU

Supplies Needed
City Scene by me here
Umbrella by me here

Plugins
Eyecandy Nature Water Drops

The tube I used Merry Mermaid is by Chuck Bauman, you can purchase this tube from PTE here


Open a new transparent canvas 700x700, we will resize later
Floodfill with a cloud pattern

Paste city Scene as a new layer

Add a new raster layer
Floodfill with a medium yellow
Move to below your city scene

Using your magic wand click on the outside area of your city scene layer
Activate your yellow layer
Delete
I had to repeat these steps on the right side
Deselect

Add a new raster layer above your yellow layer
Floodfill with black
Repeat the same steps as for the yellow layer

Paste your tube as a new layer
Apply Eyecandy Nature Water Drops, change size to 5 and coverage to 10
Add drop shadow

Paste umbrella as a new layer
Resize to 50%
Position over your tube
Erase the handle from the edge of the head on down
Select all>float>defloat
Add a new raster layer
Contract 12
Floodfill with a color from your tube
Add an inner bevel

Add a new raster layer
Repeat above steps, you will have 2 colors on your umbrella
Apply water drops to each umbrella layers

Apply water drops to each umbrella layer 

Resize all layers to 70%

Add your text, name & © info

Animation:


Hide the black floodfilled layer & 1 umbrella layer
Merge visible
Copy & paste into animation shop

Undo your merge
Unhide the black layer & hide the yellow layer
Unhide 1 umbrella layer & hide the other
Copy & paste after current in animation shop


I set the black frame at 50 & the yellow at 200

Save as gif & you're all done!

I hope you enjoyed my tutorial

I would love to post your © compliant result, just email it to me with the tut name in the subject line

:)


Result by Kaye W








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your language clean, thank you!